Click here if you are having website access problems ×

MOT Test centre near Exeter

Graham Hutton

Hi! My 310R is going to need its first MOT next month (where has that time gone!!) and I wondered if anyone has any experience of a decent test centre near Exeter that is used to doing Caterhams and may let me loiter around etc.

All/any advice appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Graham, I use Tipton Garage ( Tipton St John) they have done mine the last 3 years. Mine is booked in next Monday. Not sure if they will let you hang around but they let me check the 2 advisories on mine last year up on the ramp when I came to collect it. 
they are used to doing Caterhams and kit cars, race cars and classics. 

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. In the end I opted for Volkscraft down on Marsh Barton. The guy who runs it is a racer and helped me setup the corner weights and geometry when I built the car. I'll let you know how I get on, if badly, I'll be off to Tipton St John!!

btw, I had my MOT done at Volkscraft in Exeter and the owner (Matt Smith) was awesome. We basically did it together and he let me have a good poke around on the ramps. Noticed a few little things to fix etc (none of which affected the result). Will certainly go back next time.