Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Indicator switch relay

Chris SSR400

Afternoon all,

As is the way after taking things apart and putting them back together something you didn't touch stops working. I have just been through the process of replacing my gauges and once all back together my indicator switch no longer works. 

Luckily a nearby friend let me test his relay and it works again, so coincidently my relay packed in.

Now for the dilemma, I can't seem to find the exact relay online. It is a Tyco Electronics 0-1432793-1 12VDC Relay.

Does anyone know if these have been discontinued and if so what they have been replaced by?

TIA

Chris.

While we're all checking part numbers... 

• Can you add a photo of the timer unit showing the terminals.

• Is there a two number or two number + letter Bosch ID on it?

• There's a known interaction between the circuits for the hazard warning lights and the indicators. A fault in the hazard warning light switch can cause the indicators to fail.

• Did you swap incandescent lamps for LEDs as part of that work?

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan, 

This isn't the 'flasher unit' its the relay that the indicator switch is wired into right behind the switch.

I swapped out to LED's a long time ago. Hazard light all works as expected I just can't switch on the left of right indicator via the switch.

Pic attached.

IMG_8493.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Jonathan Kay said:

Seems to be no longer manufactured. I'd ask Redline if they have any.

Does this match the circuit diagram and terminals?

Jonathan

That one looks similar. I’ll give redline a shout in the morning. I’ll also email Caterham and ask what they now use as this a common part still used in their current cars. 

Apologies for hijacking the thread but on a semi-related matter, does anyone know how to disable the horrendously irritating indicator beeping noise. Im hoping its just a case of pulling/ cutting a wire, if its even possible. My car is a 2020 420R

7 minutes ago, JAL73 said:

Apologies for hijacking the thread but on a semi-related matter, does anyone know how to disable the horrendously irritating indicator beeping noise. Im hoping its just a case of pulling/ cutting a wire, if its even possible. My car is a 2020 420R

The beeper lives near the steering column. I think that on most Sevens it resembles a coin with a couple of wires. Cutting one should do the job. Please let me know if you'd like the appropriate wiring diagram.

Some Members muffle them.

Jonathan

PS: It might or not be THE RED WIRE!

Update.

Redline don't have any in stock and CC have yet to identify the correct one.

In the mean time I have ordered one of these - https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/automotive-relays/7826947

Although the part number is slightly different (ending in 87 rather than 93) the circuit diagram looks identical as do the other specifications.

Fingers crossed, I'll update if it works.. or not.