Click here if you are having website access problems ×

310R radiators

Graham Hutton

Following a previous discussion on here, I have just replaced the radiator in my 310R with a new 60mm RadTec unit. What a difference to the standard unit! After 3 lead radiators, this looks like the business and certainly feels a heck of a lot more robust. I spent a good while to ensure there s no tension in any of the mountings or hoses too and am v pleased with the result. Just a quick note for anyone doing the same, you need a new top hose ideally as the RadTec unit stands a little bit further away from the engine and my existing one was a bit marginal on length.

Anyhow, as a side effect, I now have tow genuine 310R Caterham radiators and a fan unit all packaged up in a box which I am happy to sell to anyone interested. The only problem is that they both leak!! Minor sweating on the welds on the top corner for both of them. If anybody on here is an expert in welding up aluminium radiators and wants them, let me know.

Thanks to everyone that contributed to the original discussion!

IMG_3495.HEIC IMG_3496.HEIC IMG_3497.HEIC

Well spotted! The catch tank was driving me nuts because there was always a thin film of oil on that side of the engine bay and drips from the bottom of the standard vent tubing which made my car messy!!!! This little crank case breather filter has worked a treat in tidying everything up. It is really close to the top hose though, hence the rubber tape to make sure it doesn't cause abrasion. Eventually I'll fit a better catch tank but for the moment it works great.