Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Vaux XE Fuel system - replace swirl pot setup or not?

Jetto

Fuel system query - my car was originally carburetted and converted to fuel injection throttle bodies by previous owner. A swirl pot with lift pump, separate high pressure pump and pressure regulator setup was installed and retained the original carb fuel tank modified for a return line.

As part of my rebuild I’ve spent a healthy sum of money on new AN hoses and fittings, new high pressure pump and new swirl pot to rebuild the setup as it was.

Questions:

1) I’m now trying to decide whether I should ditch the swirl pot setup above and fork out strong money for a new fuel injected tank with an in tank pump to simplify to just one feed line? And therefore get rid of swirl pot, lift pump, hp pump, pressure regulator and the multiple hoses. This option is about £1500 minus some money I might get back for selling the old bits but would probably be more reliable setup.

2) Or if I keep it as is I would want to buy a new tank anyway because the one I have has seen better days. I would have to buy a carb tank as per the photo. This option would be about £300 for the new tank. Is there a reason the carb tanks don’t have the spigot to attach a filler neck overflow pipe like the injection tanks do?

Advice welcomed on what route to take.

9ED8D284-2D36-423B-B663-ED03AA3D3127.jpeg.dcd84452edafbeb6b6a3abc4f80f36bc.jpeg