Click here if you are having website access problems ×

620S Exhaust Rear Exit change to Side Exit

Neil Ramsey

Hello

Thinking of changing my exhaust from a rear exit to side as I don't do any track days, two questions:

1. Any thoughts best type to purchase..Caterham's own (very expensive), RaceCo...not sure of any other suppliers/manufacturers?

2. Also would it be a direct change without any other adjustments required?

Looked at options a few years ago, though the world may have moved on .....

As far as I'm aware there is no Caterham equivalent side pipe.  "Lego Cat" used to use a R500 silencer with a bespoke collector. Having had a passenger ride all I can say was it was bl@&dy loud! 
Raceco do a couple of "off the shelf" pipes but at the time both needed modified collector pipes. The alternative is to get Raceco to make a custom pipe which allows you to retain your original collector.
For all the above (certainly in the past) I believe you lose having a catalytic convertor, therefore you would need to reinstate the original system at mot time. (The catalyst being internal in the original 620 side pipe)

• Area Representative

You could have the current system simply modified by chopping off at the back of the first silencer and having a new tail pipe welded on to be a side exit. Obviously this is a little dramatic than you might want but I've seen it done very successfully on a friend's similar car