Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Jenvey DTH throttle bodies on 420R?

JAL73

I have a factory standard 420R SV

I am soon to have a bespoke ECU remap done by 'the two Steves', primarily to reduce kangarooing and improve drivability. I am told their remap usually results in a modest performance improvement also. 

My question is about what experience people have had when moving to Jenvey DTH throttle bodies - do they enhance drivability over the standard single butterfly plenum setup, or is it just better noise and an extra 10bhp?

Has anyone run into noise problems (black flags) on track after fitting Jenveys, where previously they were fine with noise

I'm asking about Jenveys before the ECU map as don't want to have to do another bespoke map after this one if I switch to Jenveys at a later date, best decide on Jenveys now and just get it mapped properly once! 

I just completed a 420R SV build but swapped the standard engine for a 2.4L Duratec with Jenveys.  Although you didn't ask about fitment, I discovered the hard way that it does require some other changes to bolt on to the current models.  I'll share those in case that is news to you too.  None of these are difficult but they do require other parts.

• The factory belt tensioner fouls the Jenvey's throttle shaft, and of course the TPS if you mount it to that side rather than the firewall end.  The fix is to use the manual tensioner available from Raceline, and possibly others, which in turn requires a shorter belt.  
  • The Jenvey throttle linkage fouls the upper radiator hose.  I had to fabricate a new hose run to work around this and ensure the two would never touch.  There may be other throttle linkages available that won't have this issue but I already had the Jenvey linkage so didn't pursue other options.  

Hopefully others can chime in to answer the questions you actually asked  :)

-John