Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fuel Pump - Replacement

Midas

• Leadership Team

The fuel pump has gone on my MY 2000 1.8 VVC Roadsport.

Does anyone know what the replacement part number is for this item.

Also, anyone who has done the job - do you have to remove the fuel tank from the car, or can it be done in situ?

Any tips or advice welcomed.

Rover original pumps are no longer available. Replacement from Merlin Motorsport stock number ITP144, cost £76 + VAT in 2018. It is slightly wider than the original, the tank pump cradle needs slight modification to fit.

Tank out job. Worth fitting a new seal (from Redline). Treat the blind rivnuts with care and don't over tighten the fixing screws as the rivnuts will turn, and you'll have leaks. Under tighten the fixings and the seal will leak too!

Good luck !

Agree with above.  I'm surprised about the availability of pumps - I got one from redline last year.

You won't need to remove the tank, but you will need to completely undo it so you can tip it up to access the side.  Take care with the rivnuts...

• Leadership Team

Thanks for the relies. I have found that the original pump seems to be an AC-DELCO part - 6443327, which appears to have been fitted to a number of Rover cars (Rover Metro GTI and Rover 200 Turbo) according to a Google search.

I cant find it on the caterham website.

I'll try Redline and Merlin tomorrow, and in the meantime take the car apart!