Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fitting half doors - which type of poppers where?

Benton

I've tried looking at the archives but still confused ....

Just received Caterham half door kit (no instructions of course!).  The car has already got some "ordinary" popper "bases" fitted so half the job done in theory, only the fittings in the doors themselves to install.  

So daft question.... the kit comes with the equivalent of two "dot one way" fasteners (which I assume are to prevent the doors flying off!) and two"dot ordinary" fasteners per door.  Obviously one of the "dot one way" fasteners is used for the front top (scuttle) popper position, where should the other go, top rear or bottom front?

I did my doors recently. As you say, the one-way popper goes top/front. The other effectively go in the corners and the trailing "tail" as it follows the curve of the arch. There may already be a popper fitted on the "tail" that you can use.

Doc007 thanks for the reply.
My kit came with two "one way" poppers to be used per door side so I was trying to determine the best place for the second "one way" popper.
ATM I'm thinking top rear to stop me accidentally pushing the door off with my elbow *wink*

I would assume they would both be for the leading edge as this stands the risk of being blown off. If you were to put on at the front and one at the rear then you would struggle to get them on as the whole door needs to be swung away from the body to engage them.