Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham '98 Superlight number 007

CATERHAM SUPER 7 1996

£16995 why. 

Caterham Superlight 1996 build number 007 - rare to find an original Superlight in the same spec that left the factory with the exception of a carbon RiF aero screen 
The spec. hits the sweetspot for a 7 
135bhp Supersport engine. 
6 Speed c/r gearbox
AP racing clutch. 
Wide track 
Adjustable Bilstein B1 suspension
ARB
Big AP brakes
13" Minilite wheels in black with diamond cut polished rims
Momo steering wheel with quick release boss. 
Carbon nose cone, front and rear wheel arches, rare Rif aeroscreen, ( refurbed by Classic Carbon )and dashboard.
Bare ally body. 
LSD
ACE shift light. 
Half door
FIA roll bar aka track day bar. 
Battery cut off. 
Uprated new starter motor ( Brice ) ( Seven and Classics )
New battery
Upgraded radiator from a Superlite R ( PT SPORTSCARS )
Also fitted which were options from new - 
Carpets 3.3 kgs
Full weather equipment including as new hood and doors. 8kgs
Spare wheel and carrier - ( black minilite and diamond cut rim ) 28.7kgs
Windscreen + Wind screen wipers ( has a crack ) 6.6 kgs. 
Leather seats 10kgs . 
Of course the above options could be removed to make the car lighter :-)
The car weighs less then 500kg and engine produces 135bhp, or more as its been blue printed and has a 4 into 1 exhaust. 
Much expenditure ( over £5000 ) over the last 6 years including a complete new engine rebuild by BOSS racing, PT Sportscars, and Seven and Classics, full carbon refurb ( minus the dash ) by Classic Carbon. 
Known history from day 1..... The original owner, Ian Noble bought the car and did a few sprints and hill climbs and still has a passion for 7's, second owner Mr Steve Flemming reregistered the car to M17VEN in 2000 has now retired in France and contacted me to see if it was possible to buy the car back, the car was sold by Paul Glugston of UK Sportscars in Canterbury 2002 to the 3rd owner, a Mr Adrian Whitmore who had the car for 16 years and used it for touring. He had the wheels powder coated all black and the carbon sprayed black 
The car is as original as it comes and is now been restored back to how it would have left the factory - exposed carbon and diamond cut 13" Minilites. 
I have a choice of different wheels and tyres that will be sold separately. 
I do have a Sigma Supersport too and I need to sell one - basically almost the spec as the Superlight ( 140bhp, 5 speed, LSD, ) but only carbon front wings and no spare wheel, carpet and with Tillets and 6 point harnesses.

Please DM for photos . 

Many thanks