Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Passenger Age Limits & Silverstone Classic

Graham Hutton

Hello everyone!

I have just finished building my first 7 with my 12 year old son which has been a brilliant experience. Because of his age, i don't think that there are any track days where he could be allowed to be a passenger but we always go to the Silverstone Classic and it is our hope we can take part in the track parades that seem to always happen there so he can go out on a circuit. 

My question is whether the Lotus 7 Club always get to take part in the parades?  Does anybody know? I have definitely seen them out on track but the Silverstone Classic says that car clubs only get to go out if there is an anniversary to celebrate etc. As much as I'm looking forward to being able to park up in the infield with all the other 7's, it'd be great to know if a track parade is likely.

Oh, and does anybody have any other ideas of a track experience where my boy could be a passenger?

Great to join the club, it was talking to other owners at Silverstone that finally gave me the nudge to get on and build my own.

Graham

Hi Graham,

Not sure about the Silverstone Classic passenger rides but have you thought about joining the Under 17s car club?  This is a great organisation that allows youngsters the opportunity to drive before their 17th Birthday.  Events are carried out with instructors on airfields or circuits.  A good friend of mine learnt to drive through this and has since become a instructor.

I'm sure given the opportunity your son would rather sit in the right hand seat, just a question of if you'll let him.*driving*

Good luck.

SKC 

Thanks very much for the advice and I will definitely look that up. He enjoys his kart racing so getting him to drive a road car without sliding the back end into corners might be a challenge to start with!! Perhaps best if his first car isn't our Caterham though.....

Much appreciated

Graham