Click here if you are having website access problems ×

4 point harness fixing points

Chris300

Hi, further to my recent post on shortening the harness (Nick from Corbeau Seats very responsive and can turn around in a few days), I noticed an extra threaded hole when i removed seat. This is set further back and would fix the problem possibly. There isn't the same hole on the other side visible but there may be a bush under the panel. Link to photos, can anyone advise please if this is indeed for the harness, or is it for something else? See photos in link:

Bolt is in current hole used for straps and second photo shows threaded hole that is spare on the tunnel side.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6Ph9Gc31T2WL41rS9

Thanks,

Chris

I have the same problem with the belts being too long.I noticed there was a hole in the carpet on the panel side the same as in your photo and wondered of there was a mounting point further back where this hole was.I explored with a small drilled hole and a piece of wire but could not find a threaded hole.I would be interested if you have any more luck.My car is a 2015 S3.

Hi gulf, behind the hole in carpet there is a threaded hole in mine, set further back from the mounting point being used. Though nothing visible on the other side (outside edge). Simple solution without cutting holes is shorten straps. Don't know how previous owner managed to get a good fit, even if they were a rather large person. I should have mentioned, but mine is S3 2014.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to comment that the long lap belts problem is now resolved. It seems Luke do a shorter version for lowered floors. Corbeau Seats sorted this out for me by replacing the webbing on lap belts and I also took the opportunity to order Crutch Straps with a Moustache Tang (better or the delicate parts). Turned around in less than a a week for less than £55 all in. Brilliant service from Nick at Corbeau.