Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wanted Handbrake Caliper for '97 HPC (fitted with AP Racing Caliper) - New or Used

DaveMorris

As per title.  Wanted Handbrake Caliper (O/S)

I have a 1997 Vx HPC fitted with AP Racing brakes and a supplemental caliper for the handbrake.

I know these handbrake calipers are next to useless and a number of folks have changed to Hi_Spec rears instead.

I am looking for either the original supplier/producer/source of these - to potentially buy a new o/s caliper from,

OR

Someone with a couple of these as "shelf-ware" following a change to Hi-Spec or other type, and willing to part with them.

Caterham original part numbers were, I believe, 77170 and 77171.. .. but no longer shown on Caterham Parts, and Redline don't stock them either.

Any leads welcomed, Dave

Elie,

In this case no *rofl* was all fastened up nice and tight. Not deposited on the verge of the E17.

Am rebuilding the Vx and managed to crack the O/S one through being ham-fisted. (though potentially it had a hairline crack in it already).

Fingers crossed that the Wilwood one has same/similar mounting points to the original one (and works a darned site better !!!),

Thanks, Dave.

Wonderful - so for significantly >£200 and a degree of messing around I can end up with some modern design spot calipers that are not much more useful than the original ones.

Decision been made to repair the original calipers (it's got to be possible, I'm an engineer !!!) and at least keep the car "period".

Although if anyone knows the manufacturer/supplier of the original items it might be useful for folks in the future. (and for me when I need some new pads).