Click here if you are having website access problems ×

140 Supersport track day noise level?

johnL

Hi all

Having had the summer in my 140 Supersport (1.6 Sigma) I am looking to try my first track day later in the year.

What worries me is that I have the “pea shooter” exhaust that sounds great but reading threads, I may have trouble passing the noise level test. Being a right hand exit exhaust it will be towards the track in field I also have concerns of the drive by noise level on track as well. 

Has anyone attended a track day with this set up and passed or am I doomed to fail??

I am looking to try Brans Hatch as I am in Surrey and being my closest circuit, how strict are the test and what happens if I have booked and paid, turn up and fail the test?

John 

Yep, I have the peashooter on a Supersport 140 and it’s magnificent.  *wobble*  On a track (with no noise limits) the loud wail it makes was commented on by a number of other 7ers.  To reduce the noise I have a modified R500D repackable silencer which I bought second hand.  Note if you go this way, the sigma 4 into 1 is a different diameter to the Duratec - hence the need to modify!

Doh missed that. Well that would be perfect then. I’d have thought 6” would get you bellow 96db 

i would add as much fun as the pea shooter is i think it pi$$’ people off , people I know think I am driving faster than I am when I have it on, overtaking upsets people more than normal .