Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Need cam ID

Iamscotticus

Hi,this is just a shot in the dark so please don't take it as gospel but in the late 80's /90's the 711m blocks and the thick wall wall AX blocks tended to run Kent 234 cams as stock sprint/super sprint cams from the factory as far as I can remember..... It's been a long ,long time, over twenty five years since I left the fold but I'm fairly confident that's correct...ish

One person I do know who is an absolute legend when it comes to xf lumps is Roger King who in my racing days built by far the best xf race engines by a mile.

I have seen him post/ comment in the forums so I would really recommend spending some time searching Roger out as I truly believe he will have the definitive answer.

please post or let me know your results as I'm sure your answer is here 

good luck 

Ralph

If the engine is a Sprint, rather than a SuperSprint (the rocker covers are very confusingly worded), it will almost certainly be an A2 profile. I believe that later engines from the factory actually just used the standard Ford GT cam.

The A2 is actually a Cosworth profile, but you can look up all the details on the Kent Cams website.