Click here if you are having website access problems ×

fuel pressure K series

p.mole1

I have heard it is possible raise the fuel pressure by squashing the standard pressure regulator slightly.Does anyone have any details, I have a couple of 3 bar regulators and I would like to prepare one just in case ,for my forth coming rolling road session. 

You should seek proper professional advice, when I looked at this with my K series race engine it appeared not necessarily so that a higher fuel pressure gave you any gains (remembering I used a standard Rover/MG ECU). Speak to say someone like DVA before you experiment?

Increasing fuelling wont necessarily increase power, unless you have a programmable ECU, or are running lean then it would be better to leave well alone. The method I use to increase fuel pressure is to support the bottom of the FPR with a socket that has the same OD as the FPR and use a socket that is around 2mm smaller the the top OD on the top, squeeze this sandwich in a vice until the top surface has rolled in by approximately 2mm and this should give you around 3.5bar. It is a bit of a blunt instrument. Bear in mind that fuellling doesnt increase at the same rate as the pressure increase, but only by the square root of the increase so an increase in pressure to 3.5bar will yield an 8% increase in fuelling..

Oily