Click here if you are having website access problems ×

EU3 MFRU by passing

redjohnuk

Hi, Im sure that there has been lots of info about this in the past, and if i knew how to search the archives i could check......Doh

However, is it possible to by pass this unit. 1600 K ex race car TRACK DAY use only.... Mine fell off its clip and melted on yesterdays track day. If its too difficult can anyone give the part number for it please as the label on mine got a bit sindged!!!!!!  

Thanks

John

How many functions have you lost? There's a well-tested workaround for the starter relay.

... and if i knew how to search the archives i could check......

The best method of searching that I know is to use an external search engine with site restriction... click the second link in my signature and then enter the search terms etc.

Jonathan

I wrote an article for Low Flying several years ago about an easy solution replacing this with a couple of relays. I can send you a copy if you want? There have been a couple of developments since then - I've found some cars are wired to use 3 of the 4 relays inside rather than 2, but that is fairly easily worked around. If it's just the MFRU itself that is damaged though, I'd go with getting a replacement on eBay. Important to note, the EU2 and EU3 MFRUs look identical but are wired differently inside; you must get the correct one. Which engine is yours? My article was only directly relevant to EU3.