Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rolling road plus cat removal

Derek Batty

just found out a garage has set up a rolling road on iom  and was wondering if worth taking seven down to Have cat removed and set up on rolling road   ??? Does it make much diff in power and is it any noisier

car is a 150 sigma roadsport.   Also any were to buy cat bypass pipe 

derek 

Derek,

Same car, got a Caterham decat pipe, a little louder but mainly did it as I think it looks a lot better with the cat removed, 20 min job to fit and pop back on come MOT time. In theory there should be a marginal power gain as less restriction for the exhaust gases but not so you'd notice

IMG_2272.JPG.f00cc6efc6797d88b9285cd2ebc54c9d.JPG

Hi Derek.

I did consider it as one was up for sale second hand.

I was informed bu caterham that mo real gains except a different note to the exhaust and better looks.

My car is the ti-vct sigma running the 310 upgrade at 155bhp.

Didn't think its wort the expense after the above.

Cheers Julian

Steve from premier power recommended this as a cheap upgrade and reckoned it made a big difference to midrange power and i certainly noticed the difference. Would be very interesting to see before and after power curves

A very interesting read. I’m now thinking of de-catting my 1.6 K series. I’m running at 190 BHP and mid range drops off a bit. I’m also lucky my MOT station is very sympathetic about this sort of thing. 

Where should I look for a Cat bypass?

Roger.