Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Subaru BRZ

Richard K

Subaru BRZ, White, First registered Feb 2016, 20,752 miles £17K but wriggle room (see below)

This is my son's car which he bought at 6 months old from a main dealer. It has a 'Scorpion' exhaust fitted (Don't know what this does for performance but we know when he pulls up on the driveway!).

Seriously though, it is not that loud and gives the car a satisfying rumble. He has the original exhaust in the shed if you want to revert back to stealth mode.

Reason for sale - He has recently changed jobs and in order to get £5K per year car allowance the company stipulates that his car must be 4 door, under 8 years old and less than 100,000 miles so he has decided that it makes sense to change. He is still insured on my Caterham so he can still enjoy himself.

When he bought the car he contacted the previous owner to understand why he sold the car after only 6 months, to which he said "SWMBO could not get on with it so it had to go". He had bought the Scorpion exhaust system but removed it before trading the car in, with the intention of selling it on eBay. As there were no takers he offered it to my son for free if he came and picked it up.

Now the bad bits - A couple of weeks ago he returned to car to find that someone leaving the parking space next to him had rubbed against the front drivers side wing. This has left a black 'eyebrow ' mark on the edge of the wing and slightly distorted the edge return. The paint is not broken and the rest of the panel appears OK but he is going off to get a quote for the repair.

If you want to know more, either post up here or Blatmail me and I will put you in touch with him (he still lives at home). The car is in Brentwood Essex.

Bazza - If you are reading this - Phil is gutted that the car has to go, but the up side is that now he can scratch that Alfa Romeo itch.

Thanks for reading

Richard