Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Windows 10 small form-factor PC £150

Roger Ford

I have a refurbished Windows 10 PC for sale.

It's quite a fast beast, with a 3.3GHz i3 processor, 4GB of Corsair XMS memory and a 120GB Crucial M4 SSD disk.

This isn't a gaming PC, but is really fast for day-to-day browsing, Office use, etc.  The SSD isn't large (so not ideal for storing masses of GoPro video, for example) but it is very fast which makes the whole machine nice and snappy in use. It starts up in a matter of seconds. You could add an external hard disk if you need more storage.

Small form-factor case so doesn't take up too much space. Can be used in desktop (flat) or tower (tall) configuration.

It has a freshly-installed fully legal copy of Windows 10, licenced through the existing Windows 7 licence key sticker on the side of the machine. I've run extensive tests with memtest86 and Prime95 to check everything is running smoothly.

The only fault is that one of the two front panel USB ports has been damaged. I've blocked that off. The other still works, and there are six USB ports on the rear. A replacement board for the front panel is £8 on ebay if that's an issue.

£150 delivered for the base unit only, or £200 with mouse, keyboard and a 17 inch 1280x1024 (non-widescreen) monitor.

This is actually my son's project. Which basically seems to mean that I do all the work and he gets the money :)

I would certainly think so, but with a couple of caveats:

1/ I assume the plotter runs from a USB port, rather than an old-fashioned parallel (or even SCSI) port? If it was made in the last 10 years it's almost certainly USB.

2/ You should check whether the software you use with the plotter is OK on Windows 10.  I can put Windows 7 on instead if you prefer, but matching up the Windows 7 licence key with the correct version of Windosw 7 can sometimes be a challenge, so you might end up with a copy of Windows which claims it's not licenced.

If you're not sure of the answers to those, PM me with some further details and I'll see if I can check for you.