Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2012 1600 Classic Roadsport - Sold

The_ASH

2012 Caterham 7 1600 Classic Roadsport 

Vintage Green with Yellow nose band and stripe (Classic Lotus Colours).

6900 miles

MOT May 2018

1600 Rover K series 120hp.

52mm throttle body.

Recent Kmaps ecu remap (highly recommended).

Black silicone hoses.

De-Dion Metric S3 chassis.

5 Speed.

BMW open Diff.

14 inch Minilites with Avon ZV3 tyres.

Cloth Seats.

Lowered floors.

MOMO 260mm leather steering wheel or original Motolita if you prefer.

Carpet in cockpit area & boot plus Caterham rubber footwell mats.

Trackday or Standard Rollbar whichever you prefer.

Unused full hood & Oxted Shower cap.

Recent replacement Banner battery.

A lovely, seemingly almost new, very standard and very 'fresh' looking unmolested car, which would make an ideal first or second Seven and is perhaps spec wise like a Roadsport 'lite' (similar to that model except no leather seats), so would be a nice car to start out with or an almost blank canvas to modify. The combination of the Rover K and Metric chassis is said by some to be an excellent match. Car drivability improved/transformed by recent Kmaps ecu remap.

£16,000 ono. Offers invited from private or trade, considered as long as you are a club member. For pics or more info etc contact me via 'send author a message' club mail system below.

edit: Car is now on SORN for the Winter, so road tests not possible unless buyer is genuinely serious about the car and although the car is pretty much withdrawn from sale I'm still open to offers.

• Area Representative

Sorry to see you are selling, but staying with the Lotus... CATERHAM, CATERHAM, I meant Caterham brand!! 

Hope you're having more success than I am selling mine - I just seem to attract copious numbers of time wasters... *banghead*

• Area Representative

Thanks for your offer Callum.

It's really odd, but all I seem to get is people asking for info and then nothing - or they say that they've decided not to buy a Caterham now! My car is priced competitively, is very well specced/great condition and is currently competing in the Live Axle/VX 1.6 price band (sorry - I don't mean to offend any LA/Vx owners!) even though it is a tuned K series!

I've decided to leave it up for the remainder of the month - if nothing happens by that time, I'll take the ad down and re-advertise in the Spring.

Really nice looking car Nick and I think the price is good given the spec and the bodywork looks exceptional for the age - much better than mine.

I've got a 1400 supersport (1993) myself and I think they are great car especially for someone new to sevening. The only thing I can surmise is people being put off seeing 1400 and assuming a small engine will be a bit slow and/or the age thinking it my have a rust problem - not much you can do about the first one (except perhaps try and time a 0-60 time and include that in the advert) - re the second, have you thought about including a few shot of the underneath in the advert (after possibly getting the hammerrite out first - just a couple of thoughts

Regards 

There does seem a large number for sale at the moment, all cars I'd look at if mine was to sell as an alternative to handing £22k to Caterham. 

And now the question arises... do I SORN it this coming weekend or wait until the tax expires in a months time... reaches for weather crystal ball here.

• 2 months later...