Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K series dry sump take off (ie high line pipe/bracket adaptor)

Superwhite R283

• 2 weeks later...

Ah. On my purple set up, the sump pick up at the rear of the engine goes to the scavenge pump without the bracket bit on your linked part. Its just the pipe union that bolts to the sump. What does the bracket attach to? Can you use a set up like the purple pump to get you going if that the last piece of the jigsaw?

The braided hose has a threaded union (essentially a captive nut on the end of the hose) that screws onto the corresponding male thread attached to the sump pan with the small M3(?) bolts.

I've been thinking about this on my way home today. If the part you need is out of stock and unavailable permanantly, you might be able to match up some similar parts to do the job. On the purple pump system, there isn't a part directly comparable.  I can't be sure as mine is on the engine and full of oil! 

Essentially you need an angled union to attach a rubber pipe to, and the flanged union to attach to the sump. For the angled union, you could buy the 5/8 union from Think Automotive

https://www.thinkauto.com/acatalog/On_line_shop_Female_45o_fitting_59.html

Then you need to attach that to the male threaded flange union on the engine like this (also helpfully out of stock) https://caterhamparts.co.uk/dry-sump/3122-58q-bsp-flange-union-dry-sump-rover.html

However, if you speak to Think Automotive or CC (dont rely on th website for stock) you're more likely to find something suitable.   These flanged unions are used on both purple and gold pump, and there may be something similar in the current DS kits. I think you probably have a reasonable chance of finding one of the flanged unions.  Failing that, Id get in touch with Titan Motorsport and explain you need the flanged union piece, and they may be willing to deal direct for such a small part.   

Then you just need to source the hose which should be easy.

Hi Tom

Good plan *thumb_up* That could work.

I actually want another so i can make oil changes easier (going to modify the bracket), as at the mo I have to take two sump bolts out to get the gold filter out to clean it.

Ive contacted titan and they have a few but want over 70 plus postage! Caterham want 50 ish but have none.

Cheers Darren