Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Elise S1 Parts wanted.... good brakes, shocks, etc.

C7GCS

I bought a series 1 111S last week that needs a bit of work.

Anyone with any spares from the following list I would like to  hear from them with good usable examples of the following to help me keep costs down:

- hard top

- red fabric top

- front tyre pair

- dash insert panels

- filler cap

- leather door sill covers etc

interested in job lots of clearance Elise mk.1 parts or anythign on the above list - thanks

• 1 month later...

I am in the market for a pair of good 195/50/15 tyres for up front (planning on getting my existing front 111S wheels refurbished next.

and Oysterman let me know what you have in the way of the cat bypass, mild steel or stainless, gaskets and bolts or just pipe.  In any case it may well be of use to experiment wtih if its a good price and can be posted.

Thanks snap of my silver elise below (you can't quite make it out but the rear window sticker is the obligatory "my other car is a Se7en" :) naturally

large_elise111s.jpg.71dfed376118a1b19c1258d7ea1b76a3.jpg

Hi,

Great to see some-one with the same combination of cars, a Elise 111S S1 and a Caterham Seven.

I have parts in stock but keep these as spare.

A tip, go to the Lotus Festival on 02.09. There are a lot of owners and traders selling new and secondhand parts. Also have a look at Maidstone Sports Cars and ES Motorsport.

Cheers

Good point - I'll do that this year.  I have been to the Brands Lotus fest last few years.  I remember when Caterham did a similar festival in the early '00s and I went to a couple of those (I wish they still did this at Brands it was brilliant - those were the days).  Anyway, yes nice to find a fellow 111S and Seven owner - both terrific cars and the S1 was the first proper driver's road-going Lotus since the seven IMO - its very different layout by they both have that one thing in common - great to drive and both suitably svelte.  I would love the uber-powered V6 Exige - its such a quick car these days - but when you see a) the price, and b) the weight .... its when you realise the original S1 Elise offers 90% of the fun for a fraction of the price, and due to its light weight, it remains the original and the best ;)

Hi,

I forgot to mention SELOC, a great site to buy and sell parts. And you can also enter an automatic search on eBay (Elise, used parts, auction), so you will get a mail every other day with the new parts listed. Sometimes you are lucky and buy parts for a couple of £.

I went through my stock yesterday and there are some things I will not be needing anymore.

1. A set of original lightweight riser blocks for the 111S wing in primer, they were used on the 160 Sport.

2. A set of original Lotus 3M stickers (transparant vinyl) to protect the bodywork when mounting these riser blocks.

3. The set of Raceline rear alloys, for sale on BlatChat. The Elise will not be used on track anymore, or at moderate speed on street tyres.

I' ll let you know when I find more parts.

Oh yes, you are right about the S1 and the Exige V6. I also love the Exige, but also the 211.

Cheers