Click here if you are having website access problems ×

aeroscreen captive retaining bracket

Redbullwings

im in the process of fitting a carbon aero i picked up from ebay, and am using the rataining channels from kitcar direct. id imagined these were caterham parts but when they arrived it was clear they weren't. They had the look of made in the garage about them.

anyhow i figured as long as the do the job, no one will ever see them. I got them in, although undoing the chassis bolts was a mission. Not enough clearance to get a socket set in there. Once in place i noticed the holes in the bracket were about 3mm too high on both sides. I could file out the holes but this would mean when i put the screen back there will be a gap under it.

I also offered up the aero, and it had a pair of existing mounting holes. these lined up perfectly with the holes in the scuttle but not the retaining brackets.

Does anyone have a pair of Caterham ones they could measure the height of the holes from the bottom of the bracket. I clearly looks like the brackets are wrong, but id like to be sure. The centre of the holes on the ones i have are 36mm from the bottom of the bracket.

thanks