Click here if you are having website access problems ×

the properties of wibble

Boonie Hound

As we all know wibble is often light hearted and quite looney - a bit like a Caterham 7. So if this is the case is it possible for us in the bikesheds to produce enough to distill into a material to make a Caterham. Obviously some sort of wibble mould will be needed for the raw material.

Come on bikesheddders I need your wibble to achieve my dream car and at least lighten up my day.

All wibble will be accepted and chortled over

(Must get out more.....)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOU ASKED FOR IT.............

You know, I've always just been a family network router. I just want a little domain in the country, the gentle tweet of packet transfers in the trees, maybe a little white-picket firewall and a grassy front DMZ with a view ...and as the final glacé cherry slides down the lo-fat cream dropped onto the half eaten trifle, i wonder to myself, my life is just bells and whistles isn't it Oooooh, Polygonomy Water is not your friend - it gets drunk too much I get the feeling that some day I'll be describing this to a psychiatrist Oh play a jig Mary, for no one wants your concertos here! Two Chezchs sitting on a Pole. One says to the other, well, anything really. Smells a bit in here: is it corned beef? Rock on my marsupial friend Key change like a lemon coated brick to the back of the head We need more goat herds Cofftea, Teaffee? Left handed butter knife Take your door and smoke it pal. Prima Duck Popper! (and it wasn't an air rifle) Anti bacteria - ones that spin the other way to normal bacteria Man on the train needs reading glasses to answer his phone I have a baby oak tree on my window sill Did I say massive rabid camel? I meant massive rabid Mother In Law Less dense than a camel mirage virtual image herring So, it's a bearded, prophetic dragon with wheels and smelling of broken but not crushed olives You think you're crazy, but really you're not. Exam success - it's never too late Old woman you'll never open that window A real man makes his own sausages All light is a game of sausages The next season's fashion - wearing deckchairs Wheelie bins fly south for the summer? Water feezes at the top. surely that proves something? "Learning physics is like milking a cow" Get a job in a paddy field It's All An Excuse To Dress Up In Purple Frocks Knit a jumper out of kettle chips. Feed them coffee and cake, with roses All wilderbeast must be fitted with parachutes, in case they fall out of the window Fossilised Fish-hooks! Petrified Paint Pots... There is more to life than theorems... not a lot more mind you. There's lemons and corenaries too. A sexy theorem in a tight bikini? Arghhhh! What was I thinking? Advice for Starting a Welding Business from Idea Cafe Expert Chainsaws do not make good parachute ripcords. Remember that. In ear gramaphone ear trumpets (a personal stereo without electricity) Rent-an-evil-stepmother.com - An opening in the market? Argh, No! Not the duck mafia. They'll come and tap on your window and take your children Advantages of being a unicorn My candle looks like a balerina Foolish is the man with only one point on his pencil Alpha Star Monkism might be going a bit too far But what if I want to be a freelance hermit? Cabbage patch Someone came into his room and called him a diamond geezer. "Cor! It smells like a Turkish Brothel in here!" - (Matt Stevens at CD : ) Cosmic sonic space haddock Miles of fish tailbacks - Christmas closing of the sea "Oh my goodness! Look at the queue in the cheese shop." Something about kissing knees, and jeans which come with lipstick marks Kareoke with didgeredoos, on a bus I want a furniture shop! A softcore mullet in potential If Smirnoff made hyperfish... Let's face it - Who isn't obsessed with Michael Jackson? You're obviously a hunky Ewok I found a dead sheep in one of the pockets "Go on, grab a pig" - © Joe. All rights reserved. Eat cheese, be merry. Get that orchestra off my mountain! Skillet rocks my crypt! (I wish) I'm a beep, I'm a vapour! I'm about to evaporate The Thirst Is Taking Over Speed skating, figure skating, maxell skating Take me to the hospital SamTheCow grazes on the starry fields of heaven Patent basmati rice, and then try to sue India for growing it? I'm getting fed up of potatoes This knife is very handy 560g of cheese All of a sudden, she fainted. The house looks out of focus in this photo She froze the rest of the raspberries The lid came off the jam jar No! No! Hit me with an iron bar, please! Can't turn round, won't go backwards. Well known fact. O Sire! Before I can disbelieve these pernicious lies I need to know what they are. A three-eighths Gripley How are you feeling, Brother Poons? The trolleys advanced Theoretic, diabetic, diarhoea, gesticulate, fruition... Gurtrude! Do not drink! Small problem there Quent My Mum knitted this out of sheep Now I'm up I may as well put the porridge on What idiot left this here? Walking down the isle with a bouquet of snuggles Wonderpig get famous? Pigs might fly. Yodelling Veterinarian of the Alps Barbara Manatee, sent from up above, Mantatee from Heaven Thauthageth for tea! Resuming TinyFugue guacamole Mexican wave for lunch I don't think there are too many amphibious vegetables about, but I'm not an expert. Amphibious Swedes I think you are destined to become a debt collector, with ideas like that. Jalepino knitted dungerees A green tank top that I swear his Gran knitted for him. Weld yourself a stainless steel moustache. If you see a rat, just hit it with the vacuum cleaner. Spangle, hooligan resistor! Super powerful chameleon tongue, particullarly handy if you are held hostage Duck in a tractor Feeder, for Just A Day. Classical music and Fine Art resourse, on a stick. How to burn scollops, instuctions for beginners Those scissors looked like a gasmask in a bowl of matches I noticed my cat attempting to eat my cactus, and it ended up with it's mouth stuck to the spikes. : D Trademarked Copyright caterpillar mohican hair, just so that no little worm can copy his style. 2000 words! Winter is not your friend - it gets dark too fast. If it really was that urgent it wouldn't be upside down, would it. Onomatopoeic conditioner for you phalanges. Spin the doughnut, and other games that never caught on. I am but a lowly dead prawn, being hunted down by the Mafia, with water pistols Gerklinkerschichte and the psychedelic death turbine from Crowmarsh Gifford. Diamond tipped fizzy cheese smelling wotsits. Rabbit library opening soon. All are welcome to come to the opening party - 'First rabbit free!' Closed military Pot Noodles. The minimum wage of an airborne kilt-wearing lamppost? Answers on a postcard please. Ich bin nach zu Strassenbauenhaltestelle uber die bruke und vietel vor dem hugelichkopf. Believe me - you don't want a gurt mint lush mint maths teacher. Oooh. A trumpet solo on a rainy day. Dum diddle dum ber... boing! A Death Metal version of Pride and Prejudice, with zombies and croutons What kind of social instability would there be if an ant became President? There goes another delivery from Al Packer's All Night Get Plumper Eatery Getting lost in the library, and other extreme sports You mean you haven't studied the long term effects of Whinnie The Pooh on a young mind? Menthol and eucalyptus flavoured tuna sandwiches Now would be a good time to get out your anemometer It's a dog that's eaten a cat whole, in an x-ray machine I'm a cold blooded amphibian who needs to photosynthesise There was so much tension in the air you could almost cut it with a pitch fork Can you get insurance for the theft of your chin and neck? Wake up and smell the cat food in your dressing gown A bus with a chimney stack just swam past my floodlights Who's window did you stand under all night, or at least until a wicker basket of Brie. I've never seen anyone hallucinate a double decker bus before Tuesday isn't a good day to get strangled Wouldn't people steal diamond paving slabs? A member of the angling club suggests an alternative model In 1980 a river was restocked with fish Pink octopuss mit einen kleinen fishe auf dem kopf And the cows were shrinking because of the dry weather The click was followed by a horrible series of thuds Three old hymns for three old dears Glowing red, haus on a hillside, is where I want to be. Grow your own pizzas - they're all the rage. And his limbs all hacked and mangled, brave Sir Robin He b'ain't mean he b'ain't Thats not your name - don't answer! I t'were just a lad, aye, that'd be grand. Speak for yourself, like o book on the shelf, for he knows a song will help the job along in the most delightful way I hope you are not experiencing merriment at my expense. What are you doing this weekend? "Oh, I'm going to a Sign Convention" And that would be a completely different kettle of mangos All I need now is to take over the world I don't think there's anything meaty about it Midwifery and other unsuitable careers for broccoli Where the concrete cows go 'oink' Tall, shiny, red and metallic - just the way all grass should grow Should the full moon rise over a pork bearing sheep of the bovine variety, great calamity probably won't bother affecting its family All of my work is my own except when it's someone else's His friends told him the wetsuit didn't suit him, but he wouldn't listen I'm going to try some of this Oak Smoked cheese I think Pupils should not indulge in ostentatious displays of affection If you don't like it just go to the raspberries Nice day dear? Isn't it? So it was, all the was and nothing but the was Ever said 'But you can call me Admiral'? For if you sighted one of those you would surely have a wierd purple jumper fetish The rotting corpse was particularly unpaletable Lofty spreading boughs of intricate embroidery Curled up crusty metamorphically becoming a covert priest No! I shout and I eat a cabbage Only 11 people are above a common pavlova Drunken audiophonic in the W to wanton entlerwirb Sesquidecimal numeracy Um, marrow chiskle ultrafandangle Numb to the quickly enveloping roller coaster Bursting with freshly squeezed sunshine The way your face ceases up in the cold Who wants to hide in my suitcase Just pointing out my froggery About to burst Floods don't help the situation Always engaged but can't see the carpet for the trees It didn't really grab me, but I couldn't let go Just don't get disinfectant up your nose That's not how you spell horrified though His middle name is obviously not sue Chop chop... Argh! No, just drop it. Two antelope standing on an extrusion would certainly be a spectacular trophy... Hotmail is evil, no doubt about it. Wearable etch-a-sketch, but not as intended as you might think His back was vulnerable to vivacious attacks of the bovine variety A little too tight, but the cheese paper was promiscuous I really should spell check this load of rubbish And when it seems like your mouth has ceased up from terror or dismay. I'll just place a fuming flowerpot then shall I? Albatrosses stealing pumpkins form the great, but mysterious pumpkin-plains of Southern England. Who's been disinfecting my porridge? The effects of cattle grazing in areas of termite mounds Lemon flavoured monkey marbles! Hello! I said, but no-one even knew where they were, not that it mattered, as the fish were well past their best. Why don't they make bullet-proof helium balloons for children? What would happen if the numbering system had only Buffalos as units? - 5 = Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo etc... And then a... oh, whatever... Has anyone noticed that I haven't made any reference to red wellies, or redwelly in this random list. Well then... run off screaming if you hope to survive my child!, Now go... 1000 words! And now I'll just wibble away at how I can never remember the most spectacularly random stuff when I'm not in a position to type it out. or to relieve a milk-maid of her yoke, covered in yolk. which would be a splendiferous happening. even though it would only happen to someone else on a new moon doesn't mean that tuna-shaped prunes are an exception. and even if they did do that they'd never escape the snow in those pens of wrath! but what I still don't understand is how the carrots got there in the first place... Norman Road - what a wonderful place! Learn these for tommorrow! Well over twice as fast. And your're unbelievable, so just go and get it. There has yet to be a profitable yam. So, what is the most controvertial figure in the number 32154? Too early for mysterons. I've never been one for protocol, but... Suddenly, as if from nowhere, down swooped a giant flying dinosaur. At a perpendicular angle to normality. Wave a chicken in the air. Stick a deckchair up your nose! It's all a peculiar dream. Coding Neanderthalithic grunts into binary ain't half hard. You had tortoises?! Spod speech != normal speech. Limited time only! A demonstration centimetre will be available for trial. Who invented Mayonnaise? I don't think I can keep this monster in! Apparently there was a vicious mauri warlord who was very ferocious but for some unspecified reason was running away from his enemies when he was hidden in an underground cavern by a friendly village, and was happy when the bearded village leader told him he could come out. And when it comes to the end of the Century, spectacularly, nothing happens. Apart from the fish. There's nothing wrong with silliness! And then it all exploded with a bersquiffle. Duschwilsichklunkt. Victorian Knickers fly past the window of a rather strange little elk. Confused Cows are a common happening around these parts, and on top of theme too. She's not dead, she's not dead! I'm so tired of being afraid of you. Bounce, bounce, bounce... Blah. From who, what, and why the pink feather boa? A curious little corner of my mind... Back in the summer of 69, ah those were the citadels. And that had never happened to me until I planted the carrots. Drawing peaches and their second cousin's once removed aunt Englebert's Cheesemonger's Electroencephalographist's milkman once said to me "Experience the best of the digital age!" There was one bend in the river that caught my eye, but it soon let go when I woke up. What are you giggling about now? Pin-striped fluffy metal gauntlets, and other tasteful stocking fillers What noise does a snail make? Schlshup! Wunderschwischenlichkeit! - 'Wonderwiperliness'. the dark realms of the ethereal other, a higher eyebrowic plain. Yes, I was married to your Auntie Someone else knows this song other than my vicar! It's just gone noon, half past monsoon BwegThabana mutters darkly about a storm in a teaspoon Shhhh... we're being vewy, vewy, quiet. We're hunting wabbits. It's great, it's really great... Are we eating the same stuff? All I need now is an impartial witness for hire Come on, bounce on a yellow dinosaur with me or I will burn the jaffa cakes! I'm not a little church mouse quite any longer Actually, 256 isn't the maximum number of ways to arange 8 notes. Marnanel natters "Doo wop doo wop wop diddly diddly whoo wop blah blah blooney carabarrawhowho marrrrrrr" Including a welcome, and unprecedented contribution. miss bianca and bernard the mice who fly on an albatross... wibble wobble rhubarb, trinkle trankle troo. If you only buy one recipe book this year, make it this one! yes it's a weird conversation, even I don't understand the ice cream bit. Is is my imagination or does Aunt Ruth have a beard? Putting tiny wellies (but not red ones, unfortunately) makes really cool noises! But where would you get an evil giraffe? I enjoy listening to his cheeseburger. Krankenwagen! A german ambulance TheCow? Um, piffle, wibble, snorfle, blurble,squonk... It's an artificial import from Latin, like most silly grammar rules. Drilling for oil is boring. Random merkins are always welcome. Swedishness is an attribute never before bestowed unto myself, until today. A chocolate coin makes a tasty investment! "Marnanel rubs Fizaratan's legs together to see if they make beautiful music." A Marnwibble is a distant relative of the Marshwiggle. A fOgpoT a day keeps the men in white coats in pay. 'Cause growing up won't make everything OK.' Don't just put me in a box for a rainy day. Mixing Minor Prophets can be as deadly as mixing drinks! Eeeeep! I claim my five pounds, no, really I do :P umop ap!sdn su!n6uad You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same. 😬

When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands buttered side down.

Therefore, if a slice of toast is strapped to a cat's back, buttered side up, and the animal is then dropped, the two opposing forces will cause it to hover, spinning inches above the ground. If enough toast-laden felines were used, they could form the basis of a high-speed monorail system.

I've been thinking about this cat/toast business for a while. In the buttered toast case, it's the butter that causes it to land buttered side down - it doesn't have to be toast, the theory works equally well with Jacob's crackers.

So to save money I think you just miss out the toast - and butter the cats. Also, should there be an imbalance between the effects of cat and butter, there are other substances that have a stronger affinity for carpet.

Consider that the probability of carpet impact is determined by the following simple formula:

P = S * t(t)/tc

Where P is the probability of carpet impact, and S is the "stain" value of the toast-covering substance - an indicator of the effectiveness of the topping in permanently staining the carpet.

Chicken Tikka Masala, for example, has a very high S value, while the S value of water is zero. tc and t(t) indicate the tone of the carpet and topping respectively, the value of P being strongly related to the relationship between the colour of the carpet and topping, as even chicken tikka masala won't cause a permanent and obvious stain if the carpet is the same colour.

So it is clear that the probability of carpet impact is maximised if you use chicken tikka masala and a white carpet, in fact this combination gives a P value of one, which is the same as the probability of a cat landing on its feet. Therefore a cat with chicken tikka masala plastered on its back will be certain to hover in mid air.

Contrastingly, there could be problems with buttered toast as the toast may fall off the cat, causing a terrible monorail crash resulting in nauseating images of members of the royal family visiting accident victims in hospital, and politicians saying it wouldn't have happened if their party was in power as there would have been more investment in cat-toast glue research.

Therefore it is in the interests not only of public safety but also public sanity if the buttered toast on cats idea is scrapped, to be replaced by a monorail powered by cats smeared with chicken tikka masala floating above a rail made from white wool shag pile carpet.

Sounds logical to me, have fun.

😬You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same. 😬

I have heard about people playing Heavy Metal backwards so I thought I would try it with a Country and Western record.

My wife came back, my truck started first time, they let my Daddy out of prison and my dog made a full recovery.

😬You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same. 😬

Brilliant - the power of wibble is among us - praise be.

I have now fashioned wheel out of the wibble so far for my virtual seven.

There was a slight wibble leek when the buttered cat managed to appear with Pat's camel. However I just shoed them the sign: "If you notice this notice you'll notice this notice is not worth noticing" at which point they were so confused I was able to contain them in the wibble field.

More wibble needed - I also have a big dilemma - do I go for wibble cycle wings or not?

PS You are all very scary - but funny 😬 *thumbup*

but what happens if the cat attempts to turn and lick off the chicken tikka masala 🤔

If it turns with the direction of spin it will increase the rotaional speed, resulting potentialy in a catastrophic loss of equilibrium, and curry all down the walls *eek*

or

it turns into the spin, counteracting the effect, and causing it to drop onto the floor looking confused

hmm, time to catch one of the *@!# cats that keeps cr*ping on my lawn and try an experiment *tongue*

Caterham 21 VHPD *cool* - one of the few *thumbup*

Does it work for other animals?

For example my dog always manages to land on my foot when its leaping about.

How does that fit into Kev's equation? I fear that if I cover my foot in curry that the dog will just eat it....and the curry.

Wibble ometer rising nicely by the by - still have not resolved the cycle wing debate and will need a great deal more for an engine...currently two wheels on my wagon. And a big grin on face at work 😬 *thumbup*

"but what happens if the cat attempts to turn and lick off the chicken tikka masala"

That one's simple, the direction of spin only affects the distance the cat sick will reach.

With the spin it should easily reach the windows, against it will probably stagger under the bed to puke up after hitting the deck.

Dunno about your lawn, I'll ask Snot, but he's unlikely to confess 😬

Brrrrrrrrr..... *cool*

Oh, thats rich.....

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah