Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1600 to durotec

Derek Batty

I have a roadsport 150  was thinking of buying a durotec  but phoned caterham for px price on own which I bought from them 3 years ago would have to drop seven thou which makes good residual look a bit silly  has any body done roadsport to durotec  as I like colour of my car  and spec  so if I was to upgrade and px it would cost me my car plus around 18000.00 to get car I want  so would I be better to do conversion  any ideas or who to do job   Info would be great.    Derek. Just for the record my seven is a 2008 150 roadsport factory built  sv model al the right bits one previous owner 1600.000 MLs full service history  plus all receipts in Ferrari gio silver. Garaged. And no problems    Caterham offered me 17000.00 I px  against a 35000.00  seven   Main problem is the other half cannot understand why I need to upgrade.    I cannot be the only one with  this problem    Help with info.   Would be appreciated.           Se you at the pie run don't no which motor will be in        Derek 

Sigma engine? Premier Power offer 175 and 200bhp upgrades for significant but less money. I'm sure others do similar packages too. There also seems to be increasing reference to Ecoboost engines which might make any costs more palatable given potential big figures!