Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Front nearside tyre wear.

Kensboats7

I have now had my Roadsport since early May this year and have covered around 2000 miles on short Blats around Kent. I notice that the inside edge of the front nearside tyre is wearing considerably quicker than the other tyres. I have put this down to the road camber on B roads and country lanes as well as the differing surface and state of the roads in the area, as well as my enjoyment of empty safe roundabouts and the extra g on the nearside. Or, is there a problem with the suspension set up and should the car go back to Caterham south for a look see?

• Leadership Team

Ken,

Cant remember what tyres you have, but this is not right, take it back to CC whilst you are under warranty and get then to set it up properly for you.

Best

Garry

Thanks Garry, confirms my thoughts on this problem, but as a newbie thought I had better consult other owners first. The tyres are Avon zz's and the other three look as though very little wear has taken place. I will ring Caterham when we get back and book it in. Otherwise car is a dream, although when out and about one seems to spend as much time answering questions as driving it!  Hope to see you all at the next meet, Ken