Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Pre 96 Nitron Dampers

p.mole1

Has anybody got a set of Nitron dampers fitted to a pre 96 car?

I have just installed my NTR dampers to the front and they are sitting on the bump stops,I have the ride height set to 150mm assuming I am measuring in the right place.

I have 85mm of sump clearance. Rough measurements give me about 35mm of travel from full droop to the top of the bump stop.

I bought a used set of NTR1s for my widetrack pre-96 chassis and they fitted straight on with no major issues. You're not fitting narrow track damper lengths to a widetrack are you? I can't measure the damper lengths as I'm away from my car at the moment. From memory, I think it may be in the region of 440 mm, the same as a post-96 narrow track Bilstein.

Ok sorted,I got the dampers from Simon at Meteor and his service has been superb.

I originally bought a set of Nitron street dampers however it turned out the fronts were to long and Nitron don't make shorter ones! However Simon at his own cost upgraded the fronts to NTR spec! But it now appears that pre 96 Caterhams have 2 different damper lengths and as luck would have mine is the shorter one.

Nitron are going to shorten it,my car has 320mm long dampers, its a narrow track.

I've got a 97 car and Nitron supplied short dampers so I am at the top of the thread , Simon has offered to fit the correct parts to sort the issue . Simon has been great ( as always) but you have to ask why   Nitron can't send the right dampers in the first place.   They are truly brilliant even with these less than perfect settings .