Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SOLD -1700 X Flow - NOW WITH PICS

Terry Field

1996 1700 X Flow. Live axle. Team Lotus green with yellow stripe and noseband. 51000 miles, but 36000 on this engine. Engine built by Vulcan Engineering, (accralite pistons, balanced engine, shallow sump, engine breather kit). 136 bhp on dyno, print out available. Twin 40’s. Rev limiter. 5 spd box prepared by BGH. Flares. 4 into 1 exhaust. Minilites. Sabelt harnesses. Tonneau, full viz hood, colour coded SBFS half hood. FIA roll bar. Heater. Four good AO21 tyres, plus spare wheel. Fire extinguisher. Powervamp racing gel battery. Quick rack steering with Momo suede steering wheel. Aux power socket for phone, charger etc. MoT until March 2017, no advisories. Lots of receipts. A real head turner.

Some cosmetic marks and scratches, but mechanically well maintained and rock solid reliability.

I have owned the car for 16 years, but it is not being used as it needs to be, hence a very reluctant sale.

Pictures here:

IMG_6654.JPG.00cc62591558d1bb756dc47127723e86.JPG

IMG_6656.JPG.9effa4a29a8a4c23d3738bf82fdce08a.JPG

IMG_6653.JPG.ff269eca91e6855242f30e7e550c2ba2.JPG

£10500 ono. Terry Field 01823 400 872 (Taunton)

(NB. I am not around from the 17th - 28th June, but please leave a message)

Sorry Chris!

Oddly, before I retired, I used to do about 7000 miles a year. Last year I did just 1000. The problem is that SWMBO doesn't like touring in it, and the roads down here are not really suited to 'spirited' driving - there are only so many times you can blat across Exmoor. It breaks my heart to sell it after so long, but it seems criminal to let it sit in the garage unused.

I hope to buy something a bit older and more 'classic' to fill the space in the garage (may even have to buy a cloth cap!), and maybe do a bit more touring.

I think the 7 will always be in my genes though!

How's the 'new' car going by the way?

Cheers

Terry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Area Representative
Classic good looks, nice specification. Low mileage, good for twice as many with another 50,000 in hand.

Good luck with the sale, it deserves a great home. It's not so much "Can you live with a Crossflow but how could you live without one?"