Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R500D and trackdays

mikeo996

Hi, 

I'm in the process of buying a Duratec R500 and negotiating separately for a carbon track day air box as an addition to the carbon airbox it's currently fitted with.

It looks to me like it's got the standard Caterham short exhaust on it (no cat). I'm aware that my choice of track days may be limited, but with that set up any ideas which tracks I should be able to get on without further mods?

Thanks guys

My guess is that you stand a reasonable chance of being under 105db on a static test (eg most MSV circuits)  but it would best to avoid tracks where they have particularly strict drive-by limits (eg Brands, Bedford, Donington, Goodwood).

ISTR Cadwell doesn't routinely do drive-by testing, only static, so you might want to come up for the club trackday on 27 May?

Keep the zorst well packed , normally get 104 static when tested 

Decibel Slayer is a usefull addition to equipment - passed Goodwood at 100 Db at 75% revs as opposed to 66%

Drive by is less of an issue because zorst is one side and induction is the other 

keep to yourself on track and out of groups 

You will love Cadwell and Anglesey - some harmless hooning at Blyton 

Donny does 105 days 

Forget Bedford , 

Or don't forget Bedford because I really like the place just for a tank about and don't go full blast past the noise meters until you are confident you know which ones will cause a problem with your car. You can still give it 100% on the big long straight on the south side of the circuit away from the residential areas.

There are four drive-by noise meters, nudge nudge wink wink...