Click here if you are having website access problems ×

TPS voltage setting?

CycleSi

If it has an MBE ECU then the best option is to get it hooked up to a laptop and the easimap software. That'll tell you the correct idle TPS voltage.  It may also give you some other pointers or faults that may be the source of your misfire.

I should have made clear that you are measuring resistance across the outer and middle pins in the TPS. Set the multimeter to 20k and try to adjust the TPS to .43. I set it at .45 and by the time I have faffed trying to hold the TPS in position it will have slipped to .43. (I'm happy to be corrected by those of a more technical bent ;) ) Peter

I think there is some confusion here between Volts and Ohms.

Peter's setting method is done by measuring the resistance of the TPS between the wiper and one end of the potentiometer, which is an indirect way of doing it.  The 0.43 is actually 430 Ohms as the meter will be displaying resistance in thousands of Ohms..

A much better method in my opinion is to set the voltage, which is what the ECU actually reads.  In the case of MBE's standard setting this should be 360 millivolts, (= 0.36 Volts).

If you can run Easimap you'll see both TPS voltage and ECU load site readings, the latter should be in load site 0 at idle.  It moves from load site 0 to 1 at 400mV.

There are very recent posts on TPS setting which describe the procedure. Here. Last post on thread.

Paul