Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Boot floor

Rex

I have been trying to remove my boot floor on my 2002 SV with out success. I thought maybe I could identify what kind of diff I have, but it looks like I'd have to destroy the carpeting to do it. Maybe some things are better left alone.

• Leadership Team

As Ian says, it should only be lightly glued on, if at all. Good opportunity to re proof the plywood sheet too (if you have one).

Should be able to access the diff from underneath? or do the selfie thing with your phone/camera and then post the picture on here.

It's unlikely that you will be able to identify anything about the diff by lifting the boot floor.
I have seen a couple that have Quaife ATB stamped in the top of them - you should be able to make this out with a torch and mirror, from under the car.

What did you want to know about the diff?
It will be a 7" ford Sierra type diff.  
If you lift the back of the car up and leave it in gear, then turn a wheel, you should be able to tell if it has an LSD fitted - if the opposite wheel goes the other way, it is probably an open diff.
If the opposite wheel goes the same way, or doesn't turn (without a lot of force), then it is probably fitted with an LSD.

If it has an LSD, there is a 95% chance it will be  standard Quaife ATB diff, as that was the standard Caterham offering back then..

Cheers - Simon