Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cage questions

Julian H

I am considering fitting a cage. It has been suggested that since I occasionally refit my screen but most of the time, use an Aero, a Roadsport cage would be best. Does the Aero/cage combo look strange. Is a Roadsport cage plug and play or are mods involved to fit it?

Hi Julian,

Doesn't look strange IMHO, after all that's what I and many others do for sprinting. Although the superlight cage's sloping front bars look more 'aerodynamic' that the upright roadsport ones.

I find it fairly simple to swap between cage and rollbar. For the front legs you'll need to drill the outer and inner sideskins to locate the threaded bosses.

You're welcome to pop over to me and have a look at mine....

Julian, Single diagonal. I think the general consensus of opinion is that double D is better if you regularly carry passengers but a single diagonal is easier for the driver. But then again being a slim Jim you'll have no issues with a double D....

I had a full double D cage and aero on my last car, don't think it looked strange at all and if anything made it look a bit 'mean'. My personal feeling was that having it on the car made it feel safer but accessibility became similar to that experienced with the roof up.