Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fitting the fusebox cover

griffchris

Bit of headscratching going on, I can't make this fit as is, and there is no mention of this in the manual:

The fusebox cover I have is labelled as LHD, but appears to match the photo for the RHD fusebox on the Caterham parts website.

At the moment the wiring loom going into the fusebox is in the way of fitting it even if it is the right part, it is possible this could be negotiated if I cut away the existing cable ties that Caterham secured the wiring with, have others had to do this?

And once(if) in place, how is this secured, is it riveted to the bulkhead???  Can I rivet the knee panel in place while I await a solution, or does the fusebox cover need fitting first?

Thanks for any wisdom

Chris

I had the same problem in that I just couldn't figure out the fixing orientation of the cover.  I also got in touch with Derek thinking I had the wrong side but I was assured I had the correct one.  I have put a link to my build blog which has a picture of the cover in place.  It is not the clearest but maybe it will help.  Since the IVA I have removed it.  I have a RHD.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-I3UiEjFefcM/Uy7fMrTT4HI/AAAAAAAAAlY/IpMYZfAI5OI/s1600/small-DSCF0715.JPG

http://caterhamsevenbuild.blogspot.co.uk/

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, looking at your photo is does look like I've got the LHD cover as it is the mirror image of yours, and therefore definitely won't fit.  Derek to the rescue I hope.

Chris

P.S. I should say that I know your blog very well, and it has been very helpful over the last few weeks, have a virtual pint on me ;)

• Leadership Team

Once you have the correct one, sticky back Velcro is you friend - along the edge that meets the bulkhead.

The part that slides under the dash panel needs a bit of sticky back foam on it to stop the rattles.

The knee panels should screw in, not rivet! Need to be able to get them off to change the screen.