Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Spotted - a randybugger on the Isle of Mull

RS2000

Although I had never met him before I was aware through blatchat that 'Randybugger' had moved to the Isle of Mull last year and was running a business doing guided walks / navigation training / photography wokshops / B&B etc. so whilst on the Isle of Mull for a weeks holiday last week I kept my eyes peeled for any 7's or 'Guides' with obvious 7 connection (stupidly I had forgotten to check Randybuggers trading name...).

Picture the scene... we drive 4 miles off the ‘main road’ along a very small road down to the coast, on the south side of the island, a point I had spotted on the OS map and thought might be nice, we spent a while there and started making our way back when we passed a lovely house displaying a banner advertising ‘guide/photo services’ and SWMBO said, ‘I wonder if that is Randybugger’s business’ – as we drove past a chap was walking in the drive... I spotted he was wearing a T-shirt with a Caterham 7 picture on it! I reversed up, wound down the window and said ‘Hi, are you Randybugger?’ – thankfully he said ‘Yes’!! *wavey*

Might have been a strange conversation starter if he’d had said ‘No!’ *eek*

Randybugger (or Tony as I now know) invited us in for cup of tea and we spent a very pleasant hour chatting with Tony and Bridget. They have a brilliant set up where they are, an absolutely idyllic location with Sea Eagles and Otters in their bay, a super house and Tony is clearly very knowledgeable on the Isle of Mull and its bird and wildlife, and his photos are great! *thumbup* *thumbup*

If you’re off to the Isle of Mull check out Tony’s websites,he has some great services on offer here

Thanks Tony and Bridget *smile*

Wow, that has got to be one of the longest spotted ever 😬

"hi are you Randybugger" from someone in a tintop is always a worrying question to answer (especially as we get a lot of German guests 😳 )

Great to meet you both and to hear you had a good time on Mull.

I still can't believe we are lucky enough to live here and make a living from doing such amazing things *cool*

Anyone blatting on mull is welcome to pop round for a cuppa *thumbup*

Hi Paul *wavey*

Still cycling when we can fit it in to our busy schedule. On Friday I was working my fingers to the bone leading a group in the beuitifull sunshine, photographing Otters, Eagles and the amazing scenery, mistakenly assuming my dinner would be lovingly prepared only to find that Bridget had spent the day sailing around Iona in a gaff ketch *smile*

Think we need longer days to fit everything in

Hope alls well down your way

We were proper chuffed to spot an otter whilst we were on the Isle, it was a fair distance away but we got a good look

Quite a heavy crop but I was quite pleased with this shot considering

Otter feeding

Edited by - RS2000 on 28 May 2014 23:09:19

Tony - forget the post above - I have found you on t'internet. You'll be too busy having fun.

My mate Howard may stop by some time and say hello. He is a vintage car enthusiast and a regular Mull visitor.

Best wishes, Julian