Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Great weekend at Gurston

Andrew Willoughby

Well, what a cracker that turned out to be! After looking like being a total washout at the start of Saturday we ended up with two great days of motorsport.

A big thank you to all those, and particularly Richard Price, who helped to get us firing on all cylinders on Saturday morning - it was greatly appreciated. I fancy I'm still getting a slight of a misfire on my runs, but strangely it seems to clear completely when New Comp Sec's at the helm *tongue*!

Congratulations to all winners and to the illustrious pilot of the Bowlersport Mk 3b who pipped me for second place - those headlamps made all the difference!

See you at Aintree *wavey*.

Andrew

Good fun, and amazing that Saturday dried out. One or two competitors needed extra drying out on Sunday morning I think...

The BowlerSport Mk 3b is running well. Just need a few driver adjustments.

Well done to Willoughby Jr - another dominant performance. I hope he gets some more drives outside class 2 as he rather spoiled the points for the rest of us!

My T2 here (comments are disabled Ray.)

AB

• Support Team

I'd just like to thank all those who helped me out after my little excursion into the straw bales at Karousel on Saturday. The damage to the steering wasn't bad but without me having to do very much at all, Alan recovered my car from the top of the hill, a spare track rod end was donated by Richard, and it was fitted by Jeremy and Alan in the padock. Roger Moran lent me his tracking gauge to reset the tracking (with Jeremy driving the gauge) and the car drove just as it did before it (albeit a little slower into Karousel) on Sunday

There was help and advice from a number of other competitors too so thank you to you all for your help. *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

Rob

A cracking event as always and a good social on Saturday night too, which was great. Thanks all for a good weekend.

Well done esp to Simon, Lynn and Gill for their PBs. Edward Lewis is going to be interesting this year!

Well done again Lynn for beating your PB, you had an excellent last run. Unfortunately I have ordered myself a pair of buffalo balls for the next time I visit Gurston.

Excellent weekend

See you at Llandow

Edited by - JEM on 27 May 2014 15:14:02