Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rear Fog switch

Hodsonpe

A little while ago I got hold of a spare switch to replace my ageing one but only got round to fitting it today. I found that this one has an orange light when the side lights etc are on but no change when the fogs are on.

My old one used to have a dull light that showed the switch location when the sidelights were on but it exposed an orange light window when the fogs are switched on.

Has the format of these switches changed? Do they not now indicate that the lights are switched on or is my switch the wrong one even though it looks correct?

Paul.

Hmm, solved. The switch has changed, no longer has the little window for the yellow "on" indication. To use the new type switch I'll need to mode the wiring a little so that the illumination power does not come from the sidelights as it does now. Bum ☹️

Oh well at least it makes more sense now.

Paul.

The switch has changed. The warning light in the switch has a separate feed from the output to the fog light. If you join one of the spade connectors on the side of the switch to the feed to the fog light out of the block connector (leaving the other spade connector to earth) it will work. You will need to tape up the end of the old side light connection to the switch as this will be live when the lights are on. Just been through this for MOT as the warning light is a requirement.