Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K-Series ex Academy Cooling Hoses

Steve Causey

Having fixed the non-starting issue (I hope!) I noticed that the cooling hoses are looking pretty tired and have decided to replace with silicone parts.

The three major hoses i.e. the top and bottom radiator, and the 'J' shaped lower hose seem standard. However there is a long hose that runs from a spigot on the metal tube that joins with the upper rad hose on the LH side of the engine, around the rear of the block to the plastic housing on the RHS engine where the lower 'J' hose attaches. At the rear of the block this hose is split and joined with a connecting piece (IMG 6604). The hose from the upper LH side (IMG 6601)is marked 'car heater hose 5/8" so I assume this is a standard hose size that I would buy by the length. However the other hose from the connector to the plastic housing (IMG 6602)on the engine appears (after some crude measurements, to be larger in diameter (I can't see any markings on it) and a moulded part.

I've tried to upload pictures here:

Steve Causey

If any of this makes sense *confused* can anyone:

1. confirm that you can see the pictures - I've not tried this before!

2. confirm that my assumption of different hoses diameters is correct?

3. confirm that the larger lower part is moulded?

4. suggest where I might get a replacement. Some of the silicone kits I've seen show a similar long hose with a right angle bend at the end but with a constant diameter. Is the part I've got one of these longer hoses cut down?

Thanks for taking the time to read this!!!!!! I know I can take the hose off and measure it properly but don't want to take the car apart and then have to wait weeks for the new hoses to arrive.

Steve

Edited by - steve causey on 11 Feb 2014 19:18:59

Edited by - steve causey on 11 Feb 2014 19:19:43

Edited by - steve causey on 11 Feb 2014 19:20:29

Edited by - steve causey on 11 Feb 2014 19:22:51

Edited by - steve causey on 11 Feb 2014 19:24:13

• Area Representative

You are correct. The hose to the thermostat housing is 19mm and slims down to 16mm to connect to the water rail.

You need hose set CHS120/B from SFS Performance. Ask for Anthony. It has all the hoses you need assuming you have no heater. See the deals and discounts directory in the members section for details of 20% off. *thumbup*