Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What to do with old helmets

robmar

any thoughts?

ones a bell circa 1998 and the other a aria GP5 circa 2004

neither are suitable for motorsport anymore due to age and condition IMO even if they are technically legal (think the arai is snell 2000)

thoughts/ideas?

rob

Personally I don't think they are suitable for anything motorsport related, even track days. Due to age and previous usage. all IMO.

I would never buy a 2nd hand helmet, you would never know if it had been dropped or damaged in its lifetime. Just my view *thumbup*

Jerry - good idea but do you know any one who might want to use in that way?

Someone replied direct about using for Marshalls training (cut chin strap etc) so I might investigate that or see if the MSA has any progams or similar schemes...

but keep the ideas coming

Rob

I have two helmets that were in the boot of my Caterham when I had my recent accident. I was looking to put a hammer 'em and chuck 'em in the bin to ensure that they weren't re-used.

However, if you do find a good use / end for them then please post on here *thumbup*

Similar idea to giving them to the racing marshalls for training, your local St. Johns Ambulance or Red Cross would probably thank you for them for training in the removal of helmets at RTA's or sporting events.

Dave.

Edited by - Emily's dad on 31 Oct 2013 12:48:11