Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham VX 2.0 for sale ** Price Reduced Again **

michaelw

I need to sell the car now ☹️

Well after 11 years its time to sell my 7 as I have moved to the darkside and bought an Exige but the Caterham will be a hard act to follow. It is a 2.0 Vauxhall engined car built as a sprint car on a Vauxhall chassis around 1990 I think - I checked with Caterham when I first bought it but can't remember what they said, sorry. It was road registered in 1999 and I have been on a continous series of upgradeitis since I bought it. The spec is:

Red with a white stripe and nose

2.0 litre Vauxhall built by SBD

Upgraded to SBD 208 bhp kit - I had it rolling roaded at 195bhp

48mm taper throttle bodies with MBE engine management

Raceco repackable silencer

Caterham dry sump with custom made oil tank (I have got the bellhousing tank but fed up with replacing the clutch slave cylinders)

BGH "Sporting Close" close ratio 5 speed gearbox -rebuilt 2 or 3 years ago

LSD rebuilt with the gearbox - Quaife I think

AP big brake kit

Roll cage painted (badly) in red modified from a Safety devices cage to look like a Caged one- I also have an FIA bar

Driver and passenger side impact bars -I had the passenger one made

It has honeycombe crash protection as per the Vauxhall race cars with extra chassis tubes in the footwell

Lowered drivers floor - I am 6' 3"

Black minilite type wheels with a silver rim - with 021r's

Spare set of minilite type wheels with very worn 048's but a new pair of front 048's

55 litre bag tank - this does mean you can go for miles between filling up but there is no boot to speak of. I do have an aluminium fuel tank as well

Stack dashboard which doesn't have a milometer so I don't know how many miles it has done but would guess at 40k

Caterham Aeroscreen

Caterham half doors

Full sidescreens

Union Jack Soft bits half hood

Tonneau

Full hood

I rewired the whole car 2 years ago while the gearbox and diff were being rebuilt

There are some photos here

I have done a fair few track days and the car is set up brilliantly for sideways driving - maybe all 7's are like this *cool* I will be very sad to see it go. I am now looking for £10, 995 ono.

If you have any questions please call me on 07801 299662, I am near Chichester in Sussex.

Michael.

Edited to reduce the price again ☹️

Edited by - michaelw on 23 Aug 2013 21:06:22

• 3 weeks later...