Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sigma speedo stopped working

pugwash

Mid blat speedo dropped to the bottom of the dial, bounced up and down a few times and then just sat there. Shortly after that went over a bump and it came back to life briefly, then dies again. Odometer display still visible but not going round.

Cables seem secure in the back of the dial, no visual damage to sensor to plug cable on rear right wheel. Not checked any fuses yet as assumed that because LCD was working I have power, but I am happy to be educated on this. Searches suggested when power goes it all goes. Car is 2012 supersport 140 with 2000 miles on it. Not checked the sensor flashing light yet - do these sensors just fail?

Before I run around the whole car with a multimeter, anything obvious I should check?

Hi Pugwash,

I think the wheel speed sensors have flashing lights on to tell if they are working or not.

Put the rear of the car up on stands and spin the rear wheel by hand to see if you have a light flashing on the wheel speed sensor (offside rear wheel, in font of drive shaft). I think you'll also have to have the ignition on for this. If no flashing light, first check the condition of the wire from the sensor, any visual damage? Check the connector near the rear bulk head. If all appears ok remove the sensor and check the tip of it. Any signs of damage? If not then try refitting sensor and resetting gap. Check the trigger on the drive shaft as well to see if there is any visual damage.

Hope this helps!!

Regards

SKC *wavey* *cool*