Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Aircraft Style Switch Covers

Tony C

Does anyone know where those red 'plastic' switch guards can be purchased.

I've seen the ones advertised on Demon Tweeks, but I'm certain they can be obtained much cheaper without the switch. I've found a couple of US websites which sell just the guard for between 13 and 17 US Dollars. The switch can be obtained for a couple of quid from Farnell's; I've just ordered my Big Red Start Button from them for about 8 quid + VAT.

I don't have my car yet, but I'll soon have a start button!!!

My SV doesn't arrive until next April and I'm going nuts trying to occupy the interminable waiting time, visting all your web sites and reading BlatChat for advice and tips.

Regards

TFC

Thanks for the info' Mark. Can you be a little more specific about DT please. I visited a DT Electronics website, but it seemed to be all about computer stuff.

I'm after a red plastic guard for a toggle switch.

Hoopy,

A 25A switch from Farnell is only 3 quid something. I'm assuming 25A will be enough for most things - what is your view?

TFC

What a 'Numpty' I am, sorry - not up to speed yet on the shorthand.

I saw the guarded switches on DT and thought they were a bit expensive. Didn't see the covers alone, I'll look again - thanks.

I work at Oxford Airport so will try to get hold of an actual aircraft cover to see if I can discover the manufacturer - maybe the cost price will be more reasonable. They are probably of American manufacture though.

TFC

Ok . Enough with the crazy UK pricing!

Here is your Christmas present, suggest you order them in bulk and sell em to everyone for a Tenner! If you need the Toggles they got em cheap too

here Click on New switch products, then toggle safety cover

A dozen shipped airmail should not be more than a few quid.

Best wishes,

Joe

Edited by - Smokin Joe on 20 Nov 2002 01:40:39

Edited by - Smokin Joe on 20 Nov 2002 01:42:35

Edited by - Smokin Joe on 20 Nov 2002 01:44:00

Nice One Joe, thanks.

I wouldn't mind organising a bulk purchase - who would like one.

Either buy the covers and switches or just the covers and source the required switches from Farnell - they seem cheap enough.

I checked at work today and still await details, but as they are MIL Spec'. aircraft parts they're likely to cost a WHOLE heap more than US 2.50.

Regards

Tony

Good going guys I like the group purchases. Thats what I had in mind when I posted. You should not have a problem with these guys their service and quality is A1. However if you encounter a problem let me know and I will act as a conduit to make sure you all get what you need.

PS they have some cheap LED lighting solutions too! 😬

Joe

OK guys.

I'll wait for a while to see how many people want stuff from delcity before making the order.

I want to make sure that the switches I purchase on your behalf are of sufficient amperage, can somebody please advise what current the ignition circuit draws?

TFC

Tony I used a 20 amp capable toggle with screw terminal attachments and had no probs. Del-city Part Number: 73185/ON-OFF Heavy-duty Toggle Switch (screw terminal) $2.13

* Poles: S.P.S.T.

* Circuit Arrangement: ON-OFF

* Termination: Screw terminal

* Hardware: all hardware assembled

* Specifications:

10A/277V AC

20A/125V AC

21A/14V DC

3/4 HP 125-250V AC

Cheers,

Joe

Yup.

I'll leave it a few days to give all a chance to indicate what they require.

Also I'll check the delcity site for alternative wire attachments to the switch as I don't know whether everyone who wants a switch and a cover would prefer screw attachment or spade. I think our cousins across the water may use different terminology.

The site includes pictures, so I'll report back later for preferences.

No doubt as soon as I place the order, more people will indicate a requirement, so I'll order a few spares.

Later with info,

TFC