Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham Fireblade Evolution

petefoster

This is 'The' Caterham Fireblade Evolution, this car was commissioned to be the next generation Fireblade with a brief to add, in the tradition of Colin Chapman, further lightness and increase the power, it is the development car built by Paul Harvey [the original Fireblade mastermind, signed statement of build included], it is a new car made with all new bits, with the exception of the live axle which has undergone a transformation to manage the additional power delivered by the injected MotoGP engine, so this is truly one of a kind.

Having always hankered after a BEC I upgraded to this from an ex-Academy Caterham, with the view to moving up the classes in the Caterham Sprint Championship, [not that I was any good in Class 1 *cry*], but unfortunately this is way too fast and handles far better than I am brave enough to consider, so I am testing the water to see if there is a market for it before investing in lots and lots of driving lessons *redface*

The specification is as follows:

• Proper 'superlight' at only 370kgs

• 929 injected engine, provided new by RS Performance, advised 185 bhp output

• RaceTech mappable ECU, complete with serial cable and software, currently running a fast road /race map with uprated firmware

• Pace triple pump dry sump oil system with Aeroquip hoses

• Wide track front suspension with bilstein adjustable platform dampers

• 22% quick rack

• AP Racing Master Cylinder with Alcon lightweight calliper’s to the front, GSXR750W calliper’s to the rear

• Drilled discs all round

• bespoke live axle with Quaife LSD

• anodised aluminium hubs

• Nova Reverser box with Bailey Morris propshafts

• 6 speed Nova Race square cut transmission

• TransLogic power upshifter, allowing full throttle clutchless upshifts

• Mechanical linkage to engage the clutch by the forward movement of the gear lever on downshifts to enable 2 pedal operation, designed fitted and successfully tested by Paul Harvey [not currently fitted]

• transmission handbrake [to save weight]

• Caterham alloy radiator and Craig Davies electric water pump

• Mike Barnby 3 piece spun aluminium wheels with magnesium centres

• Avon ACB10 Sport tyres

• 4-2-1 stainless steel repackable silencer

• Carbon nose

• Carbon front wings

• Carbon rear wings

• Carbon dash

• Carbon sills

• Carbon Aero screen

• Spa centre mirror and side mirrors

• Carbon Reverie airbox

• Carbon air intake in nose

• Carbon Reverie steering wheel, with quick release, incorporating Farringdon, SWIS10 Digital Dash and Datalogger

• Keyless ignition

• B6 Carbon Fibre Tillet Seats with

• Caterham 5 point Harnesses

• New Soft Bits for Sevens, bootcover, halfdoors and 2 piece tonneau

• Lowered front lights, with integral side repeaters, clear lenses to front indicators

• A full superlight rollcage tops off the car [the only sacrifice to weight, but added for safety]

• Since it was built its done around 500 miles

It is properly Caterham road registered, taxed and tested

If you are looking for a very fast Fireblade this is the one [in the right hands of course!!!] so if you are interested let me know and I’ll send you some detailed piccies, or come along and have a look, I’m only up in Chesterfield.

Looking for offers around £19,000

Regards

Pete