Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Single Dials

jpotter

Hmm,

I have a tricky problem (Anna shhh) I hope someone will have had a similar experience or a flash of inspiration to help.

I am considering buying the Stack ST500 tacho speedo to replace both dials in the dash, it should be ideal timing to fit in with a new carbon dash into my Superlight.

As (another) tall git it will make both the speedo and tacho visible across the range by centralising the dial.

My problem is with the dash, has anybody tried to centrally mount a single dial or can anyone come up with any other ideas to centralise / combine the speedo tacho ?

I would love a Stack set-up like the R500 but pennies may not permit, the other alternative is to rotate the current dials but this will restrict the view, all ideas appreciated.

James

6'4" tall lanky, soft southerner (NOT) R212 DKX 1.6 Superlight

Get sequential shift lights, I've seen a set up that has yellow for out of power band, a range of green for power band then red for redline. Can't remember if it was at demon tweeks or just on the net. You could program in the various points. R500 has a row of lights above the steering wheel. Are these a similar set-up?

Bike speedo can be put pretty much where you fancy. Instead of using a bracket so you can slide the head unit in and out just solder wires straight onto the back and double side tape it to the dash where you can see it.

Piers

The R500 sequential shift light system is from ACES Ltd and is programmed for the R500 only. However ACES do a very similar programmable set-up using the same little gizmo on top of the dash with a 'box' to put under the dash that you can programme. Can set first shift up light and last shift up light and others are calculated automatically. Has also a low light that tells you you are below best power band. Also keeps max revs hit in the memory. This can be quite interesting to read if you've missed a gear!! Have used it for last few months for sprints etc and it is excellent. To fit to top of dash you need to buy the bracket from Caterham, or it can be velcroed. ACES' contact details are Julian Adams on 01206 395324. Might give a discount to L7C members.