Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lumenition/GEMS C400 ECU

keybaud

Does anyone know anything about the Lumenition/GEMS C400 ECU? One is for sale on Ebay along with a loom, sensors and 48mm Lumenition throttle bodies and I can't find much info about it online. I'm trying to work out if the items are worth buying to save me money or whether they are old tat.

/edit Edited text and title to include Lumenition

Edited by - keybaud on 10 Jun 2012 22:41:54

Yes, it is one of those and I've now found out that it's a C460, so the high data rate one suitable for fuel injection. I'd like to find someone that has one, or has mapped one, to say if it is worth the gamble or not.

OK, I've found more information now I've searched for Lumenition C460 and not GEMS C460, but not enough to sway me to buy it. Guess I'll go with something still supported, even if it costs extra.

Edited by - keybaud on 10 Jun 2012 22:49:29

I have the C451 in my Excel running a mapped injection setup. I bought the car with it fitted already so I'm still finding out about it. On enquiring with Lumenition they wanted over £70 for a dongle and software to talk to the ECU or your Lumenition dealer can do this for you. Not massively helpful for an obsolete unit. At this point I only wanted to get the map backed up so its on the to do list.....

Having done some more digging, apparently you don't need to use the dongle. All it does is bypass any passwords you have used on the ecu whilst the dongle was attached. If there isn't a password, you should be able to back up the map with the software that you can download from the website. If there is a password, you're buggered unless you have the original dongle. That's what I implied from the documentation I managed to find.

I had one on a 7 I owned 2002 to 2007. It was fitted by Minister, along with the Lumenition (rebadged Jenvey) throttle bodies. It worked well. There were not many places that were experienced in map it though, even if we could have got the password for the map.

I thought you could download the software, but you need a dongle to make it all work regardless of whther you had the password or not. Maybe wrong on that.

Jonathan