Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tech Talk

SBD762

Tech Talk is a 'busy' forum. Lots of stuff repeats and that is not a problem. Could Tech Talk be sub divided into sections - for example - similar to but not necessarily the same as Caterham On-Line catalogue headings i.e Major/Prime Heading would be Tech Talk, sub groups, Engine, Bodywork, Cooling, Chassis etc and so on. That way re-finding topics would be easier (historical stuff) getting to a search might be easier by going straight to the sub section you want.

There's also another post which contains:

Quoting Jonathan Kay: 
Quoting Garry7: 
I so love the good old "assembly guide" NOT. I have a massively edited version that I have compiled as I have gone along - might send it to CC? *wavey*

It would be a great asset to the Club to have a live hypertext version of the manual.

Jonathan

Quoting Garry7: 
OK.................I am "between jobs" at the minute so am happy to have a go. I dont have full Adobe though. If anyone has a non technical solution to this I am happy to add my very recent experiences and share the wealth of photos Sean and fellow Blat chatters have sent me.

Is there someone in the club that maintains the technical side of things that may already have a preferred format? I have all the photos saved on my laptop so would need instruction on how to upload etc.

As above, we need something that combines the best information in the Club FAQs and the archives, and either links to or imports the manual and excellent sites such as Alcester 7s.

To get that right we need both suitable technology and editors. For the technology I'd suggest a Wiki.

Jonathan

Edited by - Jonathan Kay on 19 Apr 2012 20:23:00

Edited by - Jonathan Kay on 19 Apr 2012 20:23:18