Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Has anyone here installed these?

craigyb

I'm looking at aeroscreen options and have seen these

here

Has anyone here installed them, and if so, using the rivnuts, was it possible to do it so that the holes are hidden when using the normal screen?

Also, any recomendations for mirrors would be welcomed

I have also fitted one with rivnuts and never saw any holes when the windscreen went back on.

When you take your windscreen off there should be a grubby mark 😳 where the rubber met the paintwork on the scuttle - as long as you make sure you line up all the holes with the grubby marks they will be invisible when you refit the windscreen *thumbup*

Oh, and I recommend these if you are going to be regularly taking off and replacing the windscreen: here and here

The retaining channels act as fixed nuts for the 2 hex bolts which hold each side of the windscreen so you only need to use an allen key to remove and refit the windscreen rather than need a spanner as well for the nut on the inside (and before Ray gets involved, I am not talking about myself there).

The channels only benefit you if you are going to need to refit the windscreen at the end of each event as it just means you can get home quicker (and less wet before you can get the roof back on!).

Come to think of these channels now, I have a full aeroscreen and cage so my channels are sitting in a box in the loft. I can bring them along to Llandow, Llys y Fran, Curbs, Gurston etc if you want to take a look and potentially buy them.

Mark

So the retaining channels sit on the inside of the skin? How easy is it to get to?

I still want to use the car to tour, and so will need the screen. I will be trailering the car so no rush to change the screen at the end of the day.

If I go ahead will do before the goodwood sprint

Really appreciate the advice