Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Avon CR500 vs ZZRs for Road Use

AndrewGP

At the risk of committing heresy and being thrown out the club for talking tyres, has anyone switched from 13" CR500s to ZZRs? A search of the archives doesn't shed any light.

My CR500s aren't quite at the stage where they need replacing, but another trackday and the Fish and Chip Run will sort that out! So I'm really interested to find out from those that switched what your thoughts are, specifically dry grip, feel and wear. Although I do the odd trackday, 95% of my usage is on the road just blatting about.

I've got 6" fronts and 8" rears and the car never (intentionally) goes out in the wet.

Thanks for any advice *smile*

Edited by - grenpayne on 3 Apr 2012 23:12:36

A big *thumbup* for ZZR's

Swapped from CR500s last summer, a great tyre in dry, quite amazing how much grip they have 😬

Go carefully in very wet conditions though *wink*, I did swap back to the CR500s for winter, so it's about time for me to change back.

I can't compare them to 48's or 888's as neither of those tyres would fit under my wingstays *eek*

Edited by - Andrew G on 4 Apr 2012 09:08:45

I have a set of softs, found tremendous grip on the first track day in the dry, absolutely useless in wet, whether on road or track, but then they are not designed for wet weather.

Couple of the guys use them in the paddock and swear by them.

As mentioned above, have two sets of tyres one for wet and one for dry. *thumbup*