Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SP Components / Ford gear boxes

hcsm

Just a general post to highlight some very good work I've just had done by Steve Perks at SP Components just outside of Redditch.

I've got an old Ford Type 2 4 speed gearbox (the type with the integral bellhousing) with a Quaiffe straightcut gearkit in it. I'd had a few problems with the box and it was starting to whinge even more than a straightcut box should, so I took it to Steve for a rebuild.

I'd tried a few other people, but they either didnt know the box, or didnt have/couldnt get hold of the parts I needed. Steve, however, was top notch. He's an excellent engineer, knows his ford gearboxes like you wouldnt believe, and has parts for boxes going back for years. It actually turned out he built the box for Caterham orginally back in the nineties.

I got the gearbox back yesterday, looking as if it was brand new, and for a VERY reasonable price. Steve's always busy (which I always think is a good sign), but if you need something doing with a gearbox on a caterham, I'd highly recommend him.

Hugo