Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Spa digital gauges - what pins are in the multi-plugs?

V7 SLR

I've installed my Spa gauges but the cables are far too long. I've got the loom in pieces with the intention of "rationalising" it further (a job I started last year) and I want to cut the Spa gauges cabling down to the correct lengths. The cabling terminates in a multi-plug consisting of square female "pins". I can't find out what type they are nor where to get them.

I've tried Vehicle Wiring Products but this page doesn't allow you to zoom in on the pictures of the pins. I reckon I need either 3-5500 or 3-8070, but can't be sure.

Anyone help please?

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

Unfortunately not. The multi-plug is rectangular in design, containing 2 rows of 6 small (around 1mm^2) square female pins. The pins have "tangs" on either side to locate them into the plug. You need to use a needle to slide down the side of the pins to push the tangs flush against each pin allowing you to pull each pin out of the multi-plug.

The multi-plug itself is white and has an integral clip along one of it's long sides which you must push in to disconnect it from the counterpart multi-plug on the actual gauge.

I have a feeling that the pins labelled 3-5500 on this page might be correct. If only I could expand the picture....

It's not that I don't want to spend the cash, I just don't want to spend a lot of time waiting for these to turn up, only to find they are incorrect. *confused*

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

Edited by - V7 SLR on 16 Oct 2002 11:51:35

Stijn, thanks very much for investigating the RS web site. I have placed an order for the smaller of the two female connectors shown (stock number 233-3021).

If anyone else needs this info (archive info) then your link is here.

Edited by - V7 SLR on 16 Oct 2002 13:41:54