Click here if you are having website access problems ×

TPS wiring

JEM

Just fitted Jenveys to R300d. and need to fit new plug to TPS wiring.

Battery voltage is low at the moment so can anyone confirm my readings to wires

Green/Yellow 5V supply

White/grey Signal

Brown/Black Negative

Cheers

Jeremy

• 3 weeks later...

I can't remember which colour wire does which but there is a simple method of working this out using a basic multimeter. I found this on the Emerald ECU website but generally TPS sensors all work the same, with 3 wires. The method is as follows

Disconnect the TPS Sensor and work on the TPS sensor plug – not the wiring harness plug.

Using a resistance meter (automotive multimeter) find the two wires which do not vary their resistance when you move the TPS spindle. These two wires are the +5v and GND - you just don't know which way round they are! To determine this connect either one of the +5v/GND pair to the remaining wire – which by default must be the signal wire. Note the resistance value you see and operate the TPS spindle.

If the resistance value INCREASES as you operate the pot then the wire you are working with is the GND

If the value of the resistance DECREASES as you operate the pot then the wire you are working with is the +5v

If your still struggling, I will be back to my toolbox next week where I have an R300 sensor so I can then use this method to let you know what the colours do.

Hope this helps

Andy